2. Identifying Purpose of Collection: We collect various personal information from you when you seek our products or services, make an online reservation, sing-up to our VIP newsletter membership or any inquiry through the Site. Information collected may include your:
- Full Name
- Company Name
- Telephone and Facsimile number(s)
- Email address(es)
We collect this information in order to permit us to:
- Verify your identity,
- Permit us to contact you to provide goods and services requested by you,
- Provide you with periodic updates regarding the Site and our products and services.
We may also use such information to build a profile of your interests as they relate to the Site or Business, so that we will be able to suggest or provide products or services of interest to you in the future.
We do not collect information which we do not reasonably require in order to fulfill these purposes.
Further, the Site automatically collects certain information every time you visit it:
a) Cookies: A cookie is a small non-executable file that is stored on your hard drive for the purpose of identifying your computer. While it is possible to view and to acquire products and services from the site with your browser's security settings set to prevent cookies from being used, your online experience may be greatly reduced.
Business uses both session cookies and permanent cookies at Site only after you have created a user account on the platform. Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to the Site and are removed when you leave.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser's Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store login information and user preferences, and thus eliminate your having to make the same entries on each visit.
b) Conversion Beacons: Business also uses Conversion Beacons (short bits of HTML computer code) inserted in the source code of designated website pages. These beacons, used with industry standard browser cookie technology and standard html coding, allow us to track analytics to the Site and email flow between you and us. Email recipients who receive a Conversion Beacon enabled email message will receive a small unique cookie that is stored in their browser session, which is later used to connect the email recipient with the subsequent recipient activity on the Site.
Express consent is obtained when you explicitly toggle the opt-in check-box to agree express permission for us to send you commercial electronic messages ("CEM").
Implied consent is obtained when you have purchased our goods or services and have provided your email address from a reservation, comment form, coupon or other method.
Under the compliance and enforcement of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, we can only send you CEMs for three years from the date you purchase our goods and services if your information was captured before July 1, 2014, and two years if your information was captured after July 1, 2014, therafter you would require to provide us express consent to continue receiving our CEMs.
Email communications are sent from a software provided by TouchBistro Inc.. All email comunications include the Business name, contact and a mechanism that allows the recipient to unsubscribe at no cost as per the requirements of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation.
Please note that if you do not wish to receive emails from us, you may opt out automatically of such material by clicking on the unsubscribe link found in the email comunication sent to you by our Business.
You may also opt out of certain other uses of your data by contacting us.
3. Limiting Collection: Business will limit the collection of personal information to that which reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Research and survey data is reported back to Business as aggregated data with no reference to individual customers.
Customers who do not wish to be contacted for research or survey purposes should contact us.
4. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: We will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without your consent or as permitted or required by law.
However, we do use the services of third parties to complete certain electronic requests such as reservations, newsletter sign-ups along with any other 3rd party widgets, and your personal information may therefore be transmitted to such third parties for such purposes. If your personal data is to be transmitted to another party for processing or storage, we use contractual and other means to ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with PIPEDA.
Your user data will be stored by TouchBistro Inc., an Ontario Corporation, TouchBistro's security policy can be found at www.touchbistro.com/privacy-notice.
Your personal information is retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless the law requires longer retention.
5. Accuracy: In order to maintain the highest levels of accuracy regarding your personal information, to the extent possible we permit you to enter such information into our systems yourself. In some instances, however, we are required to enter such information, for instance upon speaking to you over the phone or some other type of comunication (provided by you or otherwise).
6. Safeguards: While in our possession (or the possession of any entity engaged by us to house or store it) and regardless of the format in which it is held, your personal information is protected against theft, loss and/or unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Some personal information entered by you into our systems may be encrypted as it travels over the Internet. Depending on your web browser you may see a secure webpage indicator, for example a closed lock in the lower right hand corner of your browser. We may use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to encrypt some personal information as it travels from your computer to our systems.
7. Openness: Business's privacy practices are as outlined within this policy. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.
8. Individual Access: With certain limited exceptions as provided in the PIPEDA you have a right to access your personal information held by the Business. You may access your personal information by contacting us.
9. Challenging Compliance: If you have any concerns regarding Business's compliance with the 10 principles of the PIPEDA or Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation you may address those concerns to us. Complaints concerning Business's compliance with PIPEDA are taken seriously and all complaints are investigated.